The Top 10 Reasons to Choose Ceramic Or Porcelain Tile!
(selected from TCNA Floor Coverings Comparison)
Tile creates dynamic first impressions. Even a modest area, indoors or out, can come to life with the color and textures you choose – making tile one of the savviest design investments. Tile is not just for bathrooms, kitchens or other wet areas. It gives you the freedom to create a beautiful living or work environment. Here are ten reasons why you should choose tile for your next decorating project.
1. Best Value-Tile lasts practically forever, increases your home’s value, needs almost no maintenance, and costs less per square foot than other permanent and long-use flooring options
2. Design Versatility-Luxurious and varied textures, finishes, and patterns combined with clear and true colors can inspire even the most modest “stick-figure” artist. Today’s selection of tile offers a limitless palette of textures, colors, shapes, and styles to create custom expressions.
3. Clean & Healthy Choice-Everyone knows tile is easy to clean and keep clean! It is inhospitable to dust mites, germs, and bacteria.
4. Durable-Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor gloom of night, nor scuffs from little kids who sort of forgot to take off their rollerblades can mar tile’s good looks. Tile, properly selected and installed, has more than nine lives – it will last many lifetimes.
5. Rich Artistic Heritage-Conveying elegance, tranquility, and spirituality, tile has adorned our great buildings through the ages. You can connect to that cultural heritage through the richness of tile.
6. Water-Resistance-Tile is a perfect choice for areas constantly assaulted by wet towels, toy boats, and dripping umbrellas. Not only can installations of tile be waterproof (think Schluter!), some tiles are designed to provide better traction, making the right tile a good choice for swimming pools, showers, patios, and other wet areas. (However, like anything, there are always variables–we can’t promise you will never slip.)
7. Low Maintenance-No need to worry about muddy paws, spilt milk, and stray chips of hot charcoal. Tile is practically maintenance-free, as it resists dirt and stains and requires little effort to maintain-just soap and water can thoroughly clean tile surfaces.
8. Fire-Resistance-When considering the safety of your family and friends, you can rest easy knowing that tile doesn’t burn and give off toxic fumes.
9. Fade-Resistance-Go ahead, open your blinds and awaken to the touch of sunlight, or watch afternoon rays dance across your living room floor. The color of tile does not fade in sunlight like the organic dyes used in other floor finishes.
10. Natural & Environmental-Tile has the look and feel of something real, solid, and lasting. It’s a fired mixture of materials from God’s world.